The Environmental and Energy Management Program at GW boasts world class faculty teaching every course. Our faculty is composed of a rich mix of regular, visiting and adjunct faculty who have extensive practical experience in private industry, government, and consulting. They include:
- Jonathan P. Deason; Ph.D., University of Virginia; former Director, Office of Environmental Policy and Compliance, U.S. Department of the Interior
- Royce Francis; Ph.D., Carnegie Mellon University; former Postdoctoral Fellow, The Johns Hopkins University
- Ekundayo Shittu; Ph.D., University of Massachusetts; former Graduate Fellow, American University in Cairo, Egypt
- Marco Buttazzoni; M.E.M., Yale University; M.S. London School of Economics; President, Buttazzoni Consulting
- Joseph Cascio; J.D., Fordham University Law School; former Federal Environmental Executive, Office of the President of the United States
- Tod Delaney, Ph.D. , The University of Texas at Austin; President , First Environment, Inc.
- Rachael Jonassen; Ph.D., The Pennsylvania State University; former Program Director, National Science Foundation
- Teresa Pohlman; Ph.D., The George Washington University; Director, Sustainability & Environmental Programs, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Mark C. Trexler, Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley; Founder, The Climatographers Environmental Services
- Elvin Yuzugullu; Ph.D., The George Washington University; Renewable Energy Program Director, SRA Corporation
Other distinguished figures frequently augment our faculty as part-time instructors or guest lecturers. In the past these have included Members of the U.S. Congress and senior officials at the Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. Departments of Energy, Defense and the Interior, the International Finance Corporation and the World Bank.